When it comes to communicating advertising messages, sport is one of the most popular channels used. Sport offers us a great deal more than this, however. Whether we’re actively taking part or spectating, it also creates a huge field of positive energy.
This energy can be harnessed. World championships and Olympic Games are a natural enabler of remarkable team spirit, patriotism and – most importantly of all – self-motivation.
And which of us hasn’t compared ourselves, at one time or another, with the world’s top athletes?
This talk will aim to clearly define the commonalities between the two fields of top-level sport and private business, highlighting 7 success factors along the way:
1. THE WILL TO WIN … including competitive spirit and self-belief.
2. PERSEVERANCE … hard work and consistency.
3. PLANNING … and the importance of preparation and monitoring.
4. TEAM SPIRIT … mere soundbite, or absolute necessity?
5. COURAGE … to take decisions, then take responsibility for them.
6. GROUNDEDNESS … because there’s never a good reason to be arrogant.
7. CREATIVITY … why old habits and ways of doing things can, indeed must, be challenged, and re-evaluated for the better.